Right click disable do not remove!!!

Right click disable do not remove!!!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Exclusive Tea on How Kenya Moore Was Cast on Real Housewives of Atlanta

It's always the mornings where I sleep in after staying up too late the night before that I wake up to emails full of tea. So bear with me this morning as I try to get this all straight. I told y'all here about SFTA's exclusive that broke the story that Kendra Moore was going to be a new housewife on RHOA. I told y'all then that my sources were all over the place with what they were willing to tell me and nothing was coming together that I could independently verify. Well this morning that changed.  I can now verify from my sources that Kendra Moore is a new housewife and I have information on a second new housewife.



Here is the tea. The person behind Kenya Moore being on the show is none other than Omarosa. Yes, THAT Omarosa. Have you ever noticed how good Nene is at networking with other reality stars like Jennifer Williams from Basketball Wives and Kim Kardashian and Brandy Norwood and the list goes on? Well, years ago Nene reached out to Omarosa because they um, had a lot in common. Omarosa was Nene's behind the scenes mentor when she was on Celebrity Apprentice. You might remember back in July of 2010 the big news for housewife fans was that Nene Leakes was at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans all cuddled up with Gregg despite them telling everyone they were divorcing. Well Nene was networking that event like the hustler she is and met several people that she maintains contact with today. At the Belevedere Lounge event Omarosa was hanging out with her friend....Kenya Moore. And that is how Kenya met Nene.

Which brings us to RHOA season four. Aside from just being way too long, the problem with the season was that Nene didn't want to tape with anyone.  Nene needed a friend. Or perhaps two.  Because let's face it Cynthia wasn't really cutting it in that regard. Cynthia and Nene don't have much in common other than liking each other more than the other people on the show.  So Bravo began looking for friends. And Nene helped. Remember when we were back talking about Toya Wright being suggested for the show? Well Toya is friendly with Kandi and Phaedra and unfortunately for Toya, Bravo was casting for Team Tall, not Team Small. So Nene has been pushing for not one but two new housewives. Enter Kenya Moore.

As for the other new housewife, my source is a bit more closed-mouthed. The source doesn't want to be the one to break the news because they are one of a small inner circle with the info. I can independently confirm that there is another new girl and that once again Nene has been pressing for this one. So much for her tweeting after the reunion that she was not going to "help anyone" get on the show after how things went with Sheree. Nene is the in for both of the new housewives no matter how Bravo decides to spin their entrance.  Both Kenya and the other new girl are "quasi celebrities" which is exactly Bravo's plan. They have been trying to up the level of cast members from total unknowns to people with some celebrity pull both for Atlanta and Beverly Hills.  The new girl's pull is in the music industry via her blood relative. I was given a series of clues but have other tea rolling in today about other things (like Nene on Glee), I am not a "music person" so they mean little to me, and SFTA has been tweeting she is ready to spill who the new girl is (and I think she knows) so being a lazy girl with lots of things I need to take care of before this week ends, I'm not going to research that much further. The important part to me is that both of the new housewives were Nene's recommendations and at least for now will be Team Nene. We'll see if their alliance changes as things play out. But as the show begins season five it looks like we will have four on Team Tall and three on Team Small.

If you are interested in an update on Omarosa, sadly in October of 2011 her brother Jack was found murdered in his Youngstown Ohio home. This had a profound effect on Omarosa and it seems she has found God. So much so last February she became an ordained minister. Not the online anyone can be one kind of ordained minister, the real kind. Omarosa, who has a Master's from Howard University is currently pursuing a doctorate from an Ohio Seminary. She is also currently living in sin with Michael Clarke Duncan.

So that's the tea. You heard it here first. :)

UPDATE: My source contacted me again and said that the possible second new housewife, is a friend of Nene's and while they still will not give me a name, the person was the mother of a famous rapper but the person will in fact NOT be a housewife. The person is a friend of Nene and it just didn't work out. SO HELP ME Y'all. who are they talking about?Like I said, I have no music knowledge AT ALL. It's just not my thing.  WHY WON'T SFTA JUST TELL US! lol. sitting on pins and needles here and also, haven't had time to read so maybe she has. I've got a lot going on this weekend. So I won't be around today.

15 comments:

Texasgirl said...

Now that's good tea you just spilled #Team Nene

critter said...

~{o:< T*A*M*A*R*A. >:o}~

Thanks for the tea - sure was sweet...

Kay Tee said...

Interesting ... I like Kenya .. and always look forward to new blood - but I HATE this Team vs Team BS...just let the ladies mix and form their own alliances.

The good thing?? NO MARLO!!!!

I'm Just Saying said...

Great Tea Miss Tamara! You have some great sources!

Ivy said...

I don't think I like this. So Nene is now casting director for who will play Nene's friends on the show? And what happens if, like everyone else, they wind up not liking her? Is it part of their contract that they have to PRETEND to like her? Cynthia?

@Kay Tee ~ couldn't agree more about the "Team" nonsense, which I ALSO blame on Nene. I don't think she ever fully recovered from her humiliation on CA and because of it is locked into forever viewing the world in terms of "us" against "them."

FoodieBandit said...

Good post and I do agree the team thing can be done away with, but I feel like Phadrea and Sheree wanted Marlo in but it played out different, now Nene can't have have a say so? Im just waiting for another rematch between Nene and Kim

Tamara said...

Thanks y'all I know I am priming the pump for the crazy that is the Wendy Williams post comments, I really appreciate y'll acknowledging this one who I have a very close source on. :)

And yes, Nene should have a say just like Kandi and Phaedra and Kim did for Marlo. They did want her to take on Nene and were sorely disappointed. That said, Bravo makes the decisions and just like the tried to bring in someone to confront Nene last season for ratings, this time they know they have to balance it out. So they were casting for Nene friends so of course she had a say.

This will fuel the fires of Nene got sheree fired folks, but that's simply not true. Bravo is trying like hell to get a RHOA that will film together and still fight. It seems Nene and Kim have agreed to that because they aren't THAT stupid.

Antoine said...

As for the rapper's mom,it may be Bow Wow's. If I recall she mentioned being friends with her.

Tamara said...

ah that sort of makes sense. i wonder why it didnt work out? I really am just a random person and just sort of nod and listen when people tell me things. I don't listen to music a all if I can avoid it. So I know that is kind of weird.

Dopeness said...

I was going to throw in Bow's mom too.. if you remember season 3 she was looking for "celebrities" to interview and got a hold of Bow's mom to try and interview him for her "Keeping It Real w/ Nene" segment (or internship as Kim put it) on 11 Alive...

These shows have seriously fallen off though.. the earlier seasons were great, if the girls don't want to work together, recast the whole lot of them.. Kandi has a spinoff, no one cares about Cynthia, Phaedra, Kim, and Nene stay and bring in three new chicks.

The only HW series I'm looking forward to is the new season of NYC, dumping 4 cast members and casting 3 new girls seems to have done the trick.

N I J A said...

I'm sure it's Bow Wow's mom bc she lives in Atlanta and shes possibly the only rapper mom in Atlanta in Nene's age range and tax bracket.

Anonymous said...

is there update forthcoming regarding this? My girl NENE said that this lady is not a RHOA...

check your source's sources.. lol

thanks TAMARA!!!! :)

Tamara said...

Nene says a lot of things. Actually what she said was that she "hasn't seen her yet." Apparently Nene has had some sort of falling out with her already because she was not speaking that positively about her on WW.

I believe my source over Nene's cryptic comments on WW. We'll see. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, we will see... thanks! :)

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place said...

It could be Bow Wow's mom. I'm not from the A, but Bow Wow is a famous rapper, and up until recently, I think, Bow Wow's mom had a boutique. NeNe even mentioned her on Season 2 when talking to Dwight about her fight with Kim.